Sunday, June 13, 2010

LA has medieval history!

I know I'm not the only one who thinks that Southern California lacks real, well, you know, culture. Especially historical culture. I walk into any big abbey at Evensong in England and I'm greeted with the most awesome choral music ever. I just can't find that anywhere in LA. But every once in a while I am pleasantly surprised... took a trip to the Getty yesterday to check out the Da Vinci exhibit - which closes on June 20, so you'd better hurry if you want to go - and while I was there I stopped at the Medieval Old Testament exhibit.

If you're in SoCal, I highly recommend you make the trek to the 405 to see this exhibition. The pages are stunning. Plus, there's a new area devoted to household decorative items of the Renaissance. Man, the North Pavilion is my idea of heaven!!

No comments:

Post a Comment